Macadamia & Wattleseed ANZAC Biscuits April 19, 2016 00:14
|Recipe By: Rebecca Gilmore, Wholesomehandmade.com|
|MAKES 16 Biscuits|
A truly Aussie biscuit recipe featuring native Australian Wattleseed and Macadamia Nuts.
Thanks to Rebecca for sharing this great recipe. Delicious!
Visit their website for full recipe and images along with Rebecca's other great recipes!
This recipe is grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and nearly Paleo.
Makes approx 16 biscuits/cookies
1 cup (110g) Blanched Almond Meal
1 cup (120g) Macadamias, chopped
1 cup (80g) Desiccated Coconut
3/4 teaspoon Wattleseed, ground
1/4 cup (85g) Honey
1/4 cup (55g) Butter, unsalted (or you can alternatively use Coconut Oil)
1/2 teaspoon Baking/Bicarb Soda
1 Tablespoon Water
- Preheat oven to 150 deg C
- Prepare a cookie sheet/tray with baking paper
- In a medium/large mixing bowl add the almond meal, macadamias, coconut and wattleseed. Whisk to combine.
- In a small saucepan gently melt the butter and honey.
- Add in the bicarb soda and water and stir to combine. The mixture will froth up.
- Pour the wet ingredient mix into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Set the mixture aside for 5-10 minutes, to give it time to cool and firm up a little. This will make it easier to roll the biscuits into balls.
- When cooled, roll into approximately tablespoon size balls and place on the baking tray. Flatten them a little and leave room for spreading.
- Bake for approx 15minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool a little on the tray before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Enjoy with your favourite cuppa.